Thursday, August 20, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
i only have 'til friday left working for massey. it seems weird, but i'm excited about the job change.
today is my poppaw's birthday, and also the anniversary of the death of one of DMB's founding members, LeRoi Moore. been thinking about my favorite saxophonist all day.
okay, that's all i've got.
Monday, August 17, 2009
1. When is your "engagement" anniversary: February 28, 2009
2. When is your "marriage" anniversary: July 10, 2009
3. How long have you known your spouse: 1 year and 1 day. but we did a lot of texting for about 6 weeks prior to that
4. How long did you date/court before you were engaged: 6 months
5. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time? We met on the internet, and I drove out to Jefferson City, MO to meet him for the first time because that's where he was working at the time. Yes, a 10 hour drive. Yes, I'm probably crazy.
6. What is your spouse's full name: Daniel Lee
7. Do you have any children: Not yet. Who knows what the next year holds, though! :)
8. How many - boys/girls: I'd like one of each, but he wants all girls.
9. Do you have any house pets: Yes, MAP. Also known as Parker the boycat.
10. Do you own a house or rent: rent, rent, rent. We are always renting. We hope to look to buy in the next 6 months - 1 year.
11. Do you live in the country or town/city: town, now!
12. What is one of your favorite activities together: cuddle up on the couch and watch tv. boring, huh? But both of us like to travel. Luckily, he feeds my DMB addiction.
13. Do you have a favorite vacation spot: I think the Elizabeth City, NC will always be special.
14. When did you first kiss? 1st day we met. I kissed him. Ha!
15. What church do you attend? We don't have a home church yet...hope to find one we like in Frederick.
16. Is this the church you were married in: Nope, married outside.
17. What town is your current address at: Frederick, MD
18. Do you work or stay at home: work (i work too much, i drink too much, i eat too much...ooh, sorry...)
19. Where did you go on your honeymoon: Oahu...stayed on Waikiki Beach.
20.What was the funniest gift you gave when dating? I bought him a pig that snores so he could listen to it at night and think i was there with him.
21.How long have you been together? yesterday was 1 year
22. How long did you know each other before you started dating? um, we didn't really - i'd say we were officially dating when i drove out there, even though we'd never really met 'til that day.
23. Who asked who out? he asked me if i'd want to come out there that weekend, so i guess him - but i planted the idea the previous weekend
24. How old are each of you? we're both 26 - i'm 2 months older than him.
25.Where do you each work or go to school? he works for FEMA and currently work for a coal company in WV
26. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? long-distance relationship almost the entire time we've been together - but that's all coming to an end! :)
27. Did you go to the same school? nopey
28. Are you from the same home town? nope
29. Who is smarter? i think we're both smarter in different areas, so i think we're pretty even. :)
30. Who is more sensitive? we both are to an extent...but i think he's more tender-hearted than i am.
31.Where do you eat out most as a couple? chipotle, recently...as a whole? outback.
32. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? hawaii!
33.Who has the craziest exes? i don't think either of us have crazy exes...
34. Who has the worse temper? he does, but i can get pretty mouthy
35. Who does the cooking? neither at the moment...but i'm working on it, right, manda?
36. Who is more social? definitely me
37. Who is the neat-freak? him more than me
38. Who is more stubborn? again, me
39. Who hogs the bed? all me
40. Who wakes up earlier? he does for the time being
41. Where was your first date? we ate at a steakhouse that i can not remember the name of, then drove around Jefferson City, and then went back to his apartment and watched napoleon dynamite and drank slushees from sonic.
42.Who had more boyfriends/girlfriends? probably me
43. Do you get flowers often? once!
44. How do you spend the holidays? last year we split them between the fams - i figure it'll be more of the same
45. Who is more jealous? me - why am i always the one with the negatives?
46. How long did it take to get serious? not long. lol.
47. Who eats more? probably pretty even
48. Who does the laundry? both of us
49. Who’s better with the computer? him. he's a dork. :)
50. Leave a piece of advice for the other couples - make your marriage a priority, talk to each other, be friends
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
target: 35 points
flex balance: 35
actual points consumed: 39
new flex balance 31
random question for everyone. how do you pronounce chipotle?
is it chipotlay or chipoltay?
i pronounce it with a "lay" on the end, but most of the guys i know put a "tay" on the end.
help me out!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
points, you ask? yes, points. i love the bugg - i do. but i do better with weight watchers. and i know it works. trying to decide if i should try to sell the bugg or use it to monitor the calories burned during my workouts. any suggestions? as for my challenge, if anyone would like to join me, feel free. it's only 10 days! surely we can do that.
okay, so as promised, here's a few pics of the new place.
mr. bear looks pretty awesome on the new bedding!
these were one of my wedding gifts from ang. super nice, huh?
i'm trying to decide if i have anything else to catch up on. the last month seriously has been a whirlwind. between the wedding and honeymoon, work travel to richmond, packing up our place in cross lanes, moving to maryland - it's just been one thing after another. i'm happy to report that everything is put away, except a few boxes in the den (aka the computer room). my closet took some major organizing...4 hours of work, to be exact.
he's cute. :)
okay, i guess i have to get back to work. i'm pleased with my food choices so far - and have a plan for dinner. 10 days. i can do that. i want this...
Monday, August 10, 2009
i just needed to say that.
i hope to update more later - complete with pics of the new place.
and in case anyone was wondering, i get to start my new job on august 31. no more richmond travel, no more nights away from the hubby.
big yays on that.