Sunday, March 1, 2009

...to you i will be true

Daniel and I are getting married!

yesterday we were on our way to madi's birthday party. it'd been a really nice day...i had a 2.5 lb loss at weigh in, we'd hung out, took a nap, just enjoyed spending the day together. anyways...we were out driving around, just killing time before the birthday party. daniel reached up and turned the radio down - of course i'd been singing - and said "i love you". i told him i loved him too and looked up at him, and tears were streaming down his face.

"babe, are you okay?!?"
"yes...yes, i am. i have lots i want to say......i'm not going to get it all out. i want to marry you."
"i want to marry you, too."
"will you marry me?"
"YES!"

he had the most gorgeous engagement ring for me. it fits perfectly. i had looked at rings a few weekends ago, and had a couple picked out. we've been talking about marriage a lot lately, so i was hoping we could get to planning our day soon, but i didn't expect the proposal right when it happened.

i love my ring. but more than that, i love everything that it stands for. i love what we are, how we are, and what we will be. i love our future, and i love our "right now". i cannot remember being happier.

i think daniel was really worried about me being disappointed with his proposal. i think he assumed i wanted a big production - a big story to have. i told him i didn't think i could have planned it any better. it was sweet, simple, and sincere. just like our love.


we are playing around with a few different dates in august. we don't want a big wedding, but we do want something we can share with our family and close friends. i'm considering getting married at my grandparents' and i'm going to call ritter park to check on the rose garden's availability. we'll see how it goes.


my family was excited for us, but i must say i feel like dee (daniel's mom) was thrilled. we went out to breakfast with dee and david (her boyfriend) this morning. she asked daniel why he was grinning like that, so he told her we have something to tell you. she feared we were pregnant, but sounded so excited about us getting married. she hugged me tight and told me she loved me, she was very happy, and to be good to her baby. i told her i wouldn't have it any other way, because he's so very good to me. she then told me she wanted a baby girl. lol. i think we'll wait a few years on that one.


i'll leave you with a pic of my pretties, but it doesn't come close to doing it justice.


1 comment:

  1. So not sure the last one posted so I'll post again haha.

    I loved reading this and I love hearing how Daniel proposed, makes me so happy. I love hearing when boys cry haha. But seriously, so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete